Yoga & Art Camp
Summer Yoga/Art Camp: Ages 5+
Connecting Yoga and Art with Nature and the 5 Elements of Earth, Water, Air, Fire, Space. Kids will have 1 hour of yoga every day followed by an art class. Each class will practice asana, play yoga games, learn relaxation techniques, and make art while exploring themes of yoga and the 5 elements.
5 Day Camp (June 18th-22nd) 1:00-3:00pm
- Day One: Earth- Feel grounded and stable through a yoga practice that focuses on connecting with the earth. Create an art project with Mexican self hardening clay.
- Day Two: Water- Flow like water through a sequence of connected asana. Think about going with the flow and being adaptable to new situations without stress. Paint with watercolors. Try some swirl marble water printing.
- Day Three: Fire- Fire up creativity and confidence with this yoga class with fun games and asanas of balance. Use charcoal to make self portrait drawings.
- Day Four: Air- Notice the air moving through your body by focusing on breath in this yoga class.
Focus on clear communication and self-expression. Use balloons and bubbles as part of yoga games. Make art using air by blowing paint around with straws, bottle bubble painting, and hair dryers.
- Day Five: Space- Create space to relax inside and out with a mindful yoga class that helps kids develop an internal relaxation space that they create and can reproduce at anytime. Create mandala glitter meditation jars!